Alfa Romeo celebrated its 108 Birthday in 2018 and a gift of two rare and high-performance editions was launched in very limited numbers throughout the world.
Orders for the Giulia Quadrifoglio NRING and Stelvio Quadrifoglio NRING Nürburgring Limited Editions were first taken at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, where the cars made their UK debut… priced from £82,500 OTR and £89,500 OTR respectively
- On 24 June 2018, the brand turned 108 years old: a special anniversary with many of events.
- The Nürburgring Edition Giulia Quadrifoglio & Stelvio Quadrifoglio “NRING” special series were released, with 108 units of each model was made available and a further 110 available in the US.
This was littered with unique features from top to toe but a wonderful feature was the ‘Welcome Kit’ given once you had received your car!
HERE’S A QUOTE FROM THE LAUNCH OF THE CAR IN THE UK…
In addition to receiving a part of Alfa Romeo history when purchasing a Quadrifoglio NRING, you will also receive a bespoke customer purchase experience including the following:
- Stelvio or Giulia Quadrifoglio NRING personalised miniature (1/18 scale) including black leather Alfa Romeo box with red stitching
- Welcome Kit including:
- Sparco personalised gloves
- Sparco personalised jacket
- Alfa Romeo Sport Bag
- Alfa Romeo driving Shoes
- Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio cufflinks
- Exclusive certification issued by FCA Heritage: Every owner will receive a kit including “Authenticity Certification” issued by FCA Heritage, the department that promotes the historic record of the FCA Group’s Italian brands. Normally only reserved for historic cars, the “NRING” editions come with genuine “Instant Classic” status.
- Premium Experience: Driving instruction @ Nürburgring circuit
The engine was the 510 HP, 2.9 V6 Bi-Turbo engine adopted from the Giulia and Stelvio Quadrifoglio; the most powerful Alfa Romeo engine available for road use today: it was no coincidence that the Stelvio Quadrifoglio became the fastest SUV in the world. The Stelvio exploiting its 600 Nm of torque, acceleration from 0 to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and top speed of 176 mph to cover the 20.832 km of the Nordschleife in 7 minutes, 51.7 seconds.
Now, these are going to be rare… a future classic without a doubt. How rare, well… Worldwide, we know it’s 108 of this version. Just seven examples will reach Australia, comprising four Giulia NRINGS and three of the Stelvio NRING. These seem to not be numbered in the same way as the Euro cars on the dashboard. The Giulia VIN’s 6368/6459/7174 & 7538. Still searching for the Australian Stelvio Editions… The remainder of the 108 cars of each which are scattered around the world will also be noted.
Just to make this a bit strange, the USA and North America got 110 in total – 55 of each model. these weren’t related to the numbers given by the European and ‘Other Countries’ cars. So you may find the same number of a car in the USA as others in the world. If I’m wrong on this please let me know!
Ok, so as yet it’s stated that there are 8 UK cars of the Giulia and 12 UK of the Stelvio. As of March 2020, I have 12 Stelvio editions, both these edition numbers range from 80-105 and then 10 Giulia editions… so at the moment the numbers don’t quite add up but it’s getting there... It’s thought that due to high demand ‘more’ were given to cover the UK, I really don’t believe that but let’s see. If that’s the case then maybe 20 Stelvio and 15 Giulia.
Note: I have 16 Giulia and 17 Stelvio recorded cars, however, some may be the same car. Until I get all the VINs and edition numbers sorted, we’ll stick with the original figures
MUCH MORE TO COME WITH THIS EDITION… EXCLUSIVE PICTURES AND INFORMATION TO FOLLOW!